What Is Interact?
- Interact is a service club for young people aged 12-18.
- Interact clubs give young people an opportunity to participate in fun, meaningful service projects while developing leadership skills and meeting new friends.
Interact at Yeronga SHS has been running for over 50 years and is the longest running service club in the school's history. It has an admirable record of community service in the Yeronga district. The school club has a strong connection to South Brisbane Rotary who sponsor activities and give guidance to its young members.
Each year the Interactors fund raise to a worthy cause. Fund raising and volunteering initiatives include: Flowers for Friends, chocolate drives, primary school fetes, Christmas raffles and fundraising BBQ events.
- Develop leadership skills and personal integrity.
- Demonstrate helpfulness and respect for others.
- Understand the value of individual responsibility and hard work.
- Advance international understanding and goodwill.
Homework Club provides all students with the opportunity to seek assistance from a dedicated number of staff, volunteers and specialist tutors. The club not only provides support for students who require assistance, but also to our high achievers who want to produce their best work. The Homework Club runs every Wednesday and Thursday, from 2:45pm – 4:15pm at the Resource Centre/Library. Afternoon tea is provided.
Hola Yeronga! Are you interested in learning more about the Spanish language and Spanish-speaking cultures? Join YSHS's Spanish Club!
The Spanish Club is an environment outside of the classroom where those who have a passion for Spanish-speaking culture can get together and participate in fun and engaging activities. By joining the Spanish Club, you can celebrate Hispanic holidays, learn about different customs and experience the food, music and art of Spanish-speaking countries. Spanish Club runs every Wednesday at first break.
Other Clubs & Societies
Yeronga SHS offers a variety of clubs and activities to engage students before and after school. In 2021, the following clubs will be offered. More clubs often develop based on student interest.