Authentic Learning Through Industry Connections (EDTV)
Our industry connections take design and manufacturing to a whole new level. Yeronga State High School delivers authentic pathways for our students to set them apart in the employment market. We are very proud of our innovative approach to authentic curriculum delivery. We deliver on our promise, Quality Pathways to Success for all students.
Yeronga State High School offers the following to our students:
Teaching and Learning Programs
- Wide range of academic and vocational programs
- 1:1 Laptop take home program for all year levels
- Extensive curriculum program with subject choices form all academic levels
- Varied pathways to cater for all academic levels through to TAFE and University
- EAL/D Unit which addresses and supports the needs of students from many language backgrounds
- International Student Program
- Many apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities
Exceptional and Innovative Programs
- STEM Academy
- The Arts Academy
- Yeronga Athletes Academy
- Digital Journalism
- Advanced Manufacturing Extension Program
- Year 9 GOALS program (working with business mentors)
- Year 11 Aspirations program (provides insight into corporate businesses)
- Strong Performing Arts program - Dance, Drama and Music evenings throughout the year as well as Instrumental Music program
- Debating teams and opportunities for public speaking competitions
- Accelerated Accounting Program - allowing students to complete University studies in Year 12
- Foreign languages - Chinese, Japanese or Spanish in Years 7 - 12 and other languages via Distance Education
- Y Connect - beneficiary of innovation and collaboration grant that focusses on integration of the Arts to develop literacy and oracy skills
- Accelerate program that improves literacy and higher order thinking skills
- Griffith University State Honours Ensemble Program
- Student participation in Creative Generation - Ministers Awards for Excellence in Art
Student Social Development and Leadership Programs
- Leadership program for linking Year 7s to Year 12s
- Junior Secondary School Camp (Year 7)
- Active Student Council and Leadership program
- Leadership Camp (Year 11)
Great Learning Facilities
- State of the art Sports Centre with gym
- Purpose built Language Learning Centre and e-Learning Centre
- New Trade Training Centre and will offer certificate courses in Furnishing and Engineering
- Air-conditioned 180 seat auditorium
- Clubs - Chess, Homework club and many sporting opportunities after school
- Reader's Cup program
- Strong involvement in Creative Generation State School on Stage – Featured vocalist, Core Choir, Symphony Orchestra, Dance, Drama, Stage Crew and Film Crew
- Drama Club
1:1 Laptop Program
In 2013, Yeronga State High School introduced a 1-to-1 laptop program for all students. In 2015, the school went through a school community consultation process where BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) was investigated.
The decision was made to continue with the current 1-to-1 laptop model funded largely through school fees.
Before receiving their laptops, all students must:
- undergo a rigorous induction program where students are taught how to use and look after their laptops.
- return a signed User Acceptance Agreement
Junior Secondary student's laptops are programmed to HIGH filter which means students are unable to access social media sites like Facebook and YouTube.
Senior Secondary student's laptops are programmed to MEDIUM filter which means they are able to access social media sites.