“Quality pathways to success”
Our school vision is simplistic yet powerful and is predicated on high standards, solid foundations, innovative practices, strong traditions and the agreed Values of:
Our Vision and values drives our decision making processes and actions and should be evident in all that we do.
Statement of purpose
Yeronga State High School provides opportunities for all students, irrespective of background and ability to access a broad range of knowledge skills and competencies. Yeronga SHS provides learning pathways to a socially, economically and environmentally balanced future. These are accompanied by the promotion of values and attitudes that enable the student to become more resilient and ready for the dynamic world of post secondary options and directions both within Australia and overseas.
Our students will have the power and enabling skills to change our world to be a better place, through tolerance of diversity, being able to work with other people to promote the breaking down of barriers and by working harmoniously together as citizens of the world.
Students must exit formal education with the knowledge and skills defined by syllabuses and also with skills to promote career opportunities and lifelong learning:
- Communication – literacy, numeracy & technology skills
- Thinking – critical, creative & problem solving skills
- Active Citizenship – service to school and community
Our school’s vision, purpose and values are communicated and modelled to students on a daily basis in every classroom through our 5P focus.
- Being Positive
- Being Punctual
- Being Prepared
- Being Productive
- Being Proud
- Rights: To be safe and learn unhindered
- Respect: To treat all people with dignity and respect property
- Responsibility: To uphold the rights of all and follow the school rules
- Reputation: To take pride in self and school through positive action