“Quality Pathways to Success”
Our school vision is simplistic yet powerful and is predicated on high standards, solid foundations, innovative practices, strong traditions and the agreed Values of:
Our Vision and values drives our decision making processes and actions and should be evident in all that we do.
Statement of Purpose
Yeronga State High School is committed to fostering an inclusive school environment that is supportive, respectful, compatible with human rights and provides all students with opportunities to engage in quality learning.
Inclusive education at our school means that students from all backgrounds, of all identities and all abilities are able to access and participate in education that offers opportunities for Quality Pathways to Success.
As a richly diverse learning community, we are committed to supporting the Department of Education' journey towards a more inclusive education system for all students and will continue to seek guidance through the State Schools Improvement Strategy 2021-2025 Every student succeeding. We welcome you to read our school's Inclusion Policy.
Students must exit formal education with the knowledge and skills defined by syllabuses and also with skills to promote career opportunities and lifelong learning:
- Communication – literacy, numeracy & technology skills
- Thinking – critical, creative & problem solving skills
- Active Citizenship – service to school and community
Our school’s vision, purpose and values are communicated and modelled to students on a daily basis in every classroom through our 5P focus.
- Being Positive
- Being Punctual
- Being Prepared
- Being Productive
- Being Proud
- Rights: To be safe and learn unhindered
- Respect: To treat all people with dignity and respect property
- Responsibility: To uphold the rights of all and follow the school rules
- Reputation: To take pride in self and school through positive action