Parent Teacher Communication & Parent Engagements
Parent teacher meetings are held twice each year: Term 2 - Week 3 and Term 3 - Week 6 in the Resource Centre and the Auditorium. Parents are encouraged to contact teachers through emailing the relevant Head of Department. We strongly encourage parent involvement in their student's education.
School communication to parents/guardians is sent via email, SMS and/or via mail. Please do contact the office and provide us with your email address if you haven't provided us with one. It is important to keep the school informed of any changes to your contact details.
On the home page of the school's website, the 'Latest News' section contains important information and messages.
The school also has a Facebook page and an Instagram account
The school's event calendar is available on our website and is updated frequently to ensure the most current information is available.
Each month, we publish our school newsletter which is available on the school's website and will be emailed to parents who have self-subscribed. To receive the school newsletter by email, please subscribe online via https://yerongashs.schoolzineplus.com/subscribe.
Please note that you will need to re-subscribe via the same link if you change your email address at any time so you continue to receive our newsletters.
The QParents website and mobile app provides an easier, more convenient way for parents to communicate with their school.
This new online channel helps parents save time by allowing them to access information about their school-age children via a secure, online portal.
Parents are able to log in to QParents via their computer or mobile device, to access a range of information about their child, including:
- Report cards and assessment
- Timetables and class times
- Attendance records.
For more information:
We are pleased and excited to inform you that we'll be producing a new eNewsletter with SchoolZine. The move to this new format will enable us to communicate with the school community across multiple channels. It will promote and enhance our engagement with parents, students and the wider community.
We believe you'll find the eNewsletter highly engaging, as it will provide us with a more efficient and effective means of connecting with you. The new format will allow the inclusion of video, photo galleries, online bookings, mobile app, feedback forms, calendars and so much more.
The newsletter also has a sponsorship section which provides a great opportunity for local businesses to engage with our parent community. If you would like to be a part of this, please contact Schoolzine.
Phone Jude on 07 5414 2363
BPOINT Payment - Procedures for Parents
BPOINT is our preferred payment system which is accessible on our website. This is a convenient way for parents to make a single payment. The facility is currently available for Visa/Mastercard Debit or Credit Cards.
Please ensure that you have the following information:
- Credit or Debit Card (Visa/Mastercard)
- School statement or Invoice.
How to process a single payment:
Invoice sent via EMAIL:
- When you receive an email from the school with an invoice attached, open the invoice and click on the link on the bottom left of the invoice. It'll then take you to the BPOINT website and will automaticall populate the data - with your customer reference number, invoice number and student's name. Please complete the amount being paid and select your payment option. Please see instructions from No. 5 below.
Invoice sent via POST (as we don't have a current email address for you):
- If your invoice has been mailed to you in the post, please follow the instructions below -
- Click on the link below
- Enter your Customer Reference Number (from the statement).
- Enter the Student's name.
- Enter Invoice No. for the payment.
- Enter the Amount of the payment.
- Click on the icon matching your card type (MasterCard or Visa).
- Enter your Credit Card Number.
- Enter the Credit Card Expiry Date.
- Enter the Card Verification Number (CVN) (i.e. the 3 digit code on the reverse of your Credit Card).
- Click on the Proceed button
- After 3 to 5 seconds your payment will be processed and the receipt information will be displayed.
- Either click the Print View or enter your email address and click Send Email to get a copy of your receipt.
- You can now exit the Payment Page.
- If you require further information please contact Finance Office on 3249 1412 or email email@example.com
Yeronga State High School has launched a new, more convenient way for parents and carers to make various payments to the school. Payments by Qkr! The uniform shop, tuckshop, building/library fund and office payments for: school activities, camps and excursions use a mobile app called Qkr! (pronounced 'quicker') which enables consumers to order and pay for goods and services directly from their smart device. Qkr! Accepts all major credit and debit cards accepted by the school (Visa and MasterCard) and you can register more than one card within the app. The Qkr! App is available from the Apple App store and Google Play.