A warm welcome to our new and continuing families and students, especially our Year 7s who are setting into the routines of high school – timetables, elective classes, student planners etc.
When I addressed the students at their first Year-Level assembly, I spoke about how starting a new school can be a time of high anxiety and stress. But embarking on a new journey also presents us with opportunities to try new things, make new friends and to some degree, start afresh. If for any reason your child is still anxious about school, or encountering problems with settling in, please head straight to my door so we can address the issues. I’m here to make your child’s time in the Junior Secondary school a safe and rewarding experience.
I've also attached a list of key events/dates that your children might be involved in this semester.
Junior Secondary DP
- Assessment calendars – mailed home on Monday 15th
- Yr 7 camp – Term 1 week 4
- Reports mailed home at the end of each term
- Full School Review – Term 1 Weeks 5 & 6
- Interruption free week – Term 1 Week 7
- Exam Block – Term 1 Week 8
- Junior Summer Gala Day – Term 1 Week 8
- Immunizations HPV2 & CHICKENPOX - Term 2 Week 2
- Parent Teacher Interviews – Term 2 Week 3
- NAPLAN – Term 2 Week 5